As the world finds itself in the midst of one of the deadliest outbreaks of disease in the past century, many lives have been uprooted and changed. This occurrence is common among college students as almost all campuses have transitioned to online classes and suggested that their students return home.
While the University of Florida has changed the format of their classes to online, closed campus, and had those living in dorms move out, the Florida Alpha chapter house remains open. Though many brothers have returned to their home-towns, there are still a handful of men who have stayed for a variety of reasons. Housing policies have needed to change and are highlighted below:
- Remaining in house members must self quarantine at the house
- Out of house members are prohibited from entering the house
- Greek House Chefs is still preparing meals for those brothers on meal plan who remain in Gainesville
- Out of house members are permitted only to pick up food from the back of the house
- All meals are served in to-go boxes
- There is a designated quarantine room for any members who may exhibit signs of infection with COVID-19
- The bus boy program has been limited to cleaning of the dining room and the railings/doorhandles once a day
Florida Alpha would like to thank the brothers for acceptance of these new, emergency policies as well as any essential workers and first responders who continue to keep us moving forward in light of these unprecedented events.